Thursday, December 04, 2008

presentations

The other I did some learning.  I worked through a youtube video session (caution: one hour and eleven minutes) that was given by Garr Reynolds of the Presentation Zen blog.  He deals with presentations.  Here are some of the quotes from his presentation on presentations.


Simplicity means the achievement of maximum effect with minimum means. - Dr. Koichi Kawana

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. - Leonardo daVinci

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated awesomely simple, that's creativity. - Charles Mingus

In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's mind there are few. - Shunryu Suzuki

It's taken me all my life to learn what not to play. -Dizzy Gillespie

[Presentations] are a balance of three rhetorical proofs: ethos (ethical), pathos (emotional), and logos (logical). - Aristotle

It was good.  I learned stuff. Not the least of which was that I learned (again) that Google Talks is an amazing little place on the interweb if you want to hear presentations on different things.  I love watching the styles of presentations that different people are using.  It's a good way for me to stretch my thinking in how to communicate.

Check it out.


No comments: