Thursday, November 05, 2009

today

So, I should have something to say in this space. But I'm struggling. I'll start and see where we end up?
Have you ever seen, or read, or heard, or thought of some really rather inspiring stuff and rather than 'doing' something you just think. Then in your thinking you go around in circles and then you just throw your hands up in the air and say, "well, I guess I wasn't that inspired to do something, just think it" - even though the inspiring stuff was awesome...

Did that make sense?

Ever feel overwhelmed? Ever feel like you have to do something, but not sure what, or how, or with whom? Ever feel like the stuff you write, the stuff you create, well, it is at best mediocre, and at worst, well, dung? Ya, me too.

Then I remember that most of relationship is just showing up. Even if you show up and your socks don't match and there's coffee on your shirt and you dragged mud in on the carpet.

So here's a prayer I'm writing out for those of us who sometimes feel like that...

Uh, God?
It's me again. I know I'm not doing all I should. I know I sometimes do stuff I shouldn't.
I'm trying, kinda, I mean I am, but I get overwhelmed with stuff. And I try to get by on the bare minimum. I know that's lazy, and I know better, it's true.

Thanks for loving me anyways. Thanks for not giving me what I deserve and thanks for giving me so much already and then some of what I don't deserve. I believe in you. I believe that you care for me. That you want me. I come and I bring such as I have, use it. Work through me or in spite of me. You've done so much, I will keep trying to show you how much that truly means to me, more than my words too.

I'm making this up as I go, so you'll need to help. I've learned a few things, thanks for that by the way, so I'll start there and see what happens okay? Have I told you lately that you are awesome? Ya.

Love ya, Amen.


trickle
it can be a long way up...

Philippians 3:12-14 (New Living Translation)

Pressing toward the Goal
12 I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. 13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

Taken from Bible Gateway HERE.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Exactly! I couldn't agree more. Amen.