Tuesday, May 04, 2010

sometimes you just need to start

So I haven't blogged as much as I would have liked.  I found this little tidbit from Henri Nouwen the other day, and it along with some other things he wrote prompted me to begin again on the blogging thing.  

Life is sometimes overwhelming.  I have found that I have a frustrating tendency towards laziness when I get overwhelmed.  Underachiever might be a way to describe it.  There comes a long list of things that need to be done and I decide I should then do nothing.  Then wait for the pressure of deadlines and other people's strained expectations to move.  This trait of mine, is frustrating to me.  I can only begin to imagine what it's like for those around me, waiting for me.

This, as you would know if you are acquainted with me, is not new.  There are times where I do better than others.  Recently, I read again Psalm 2.  It reminded me of the aspect of life that is like a battle.  Not as in me against you, but as in spiritual battle.  
There are areas of our lives we know need to be worked on.  There are things we know we need to start doing.  There are things we know we need to stop doing.  These are the kind of things that we don't need a sermon, or lightning bolts to show us.  No one else may know about them, but God does.  
Me? I need to work on being disciplined.  In moving towards the things I have as goals and dreams.  It's hard to steer a vehicle that isn't moving.  So I need to keep moving.  I may not have the energy of a three year old wanting to dance (see below - isn't she cute?) but I can keep moving.

3 comments:

Tarasview said...

yes. she IS cute. :)

Patricia Ward said...

I totally relate to the procrastination thing - especially about blogging:). Olivia really gets down, eh?

edison photography said...

I needed that reminder today to keep moving. I have the same issue!

Thanks!