Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I went to an autism seminar today

So I went to an autism seminar today.  As you may know, my eldest son has been diagnosed with something on the autism spectrum.  What has he been diagnosed with you ask?  Some call it P.D.D.N.O.S. (pervasive develop disorder not otherwise specified - helpful no?), others call it an autism spectrum disorder.  I say he sees the world differently then me.
Nothing all that earth shattering as far as straight up learning goes, but our speaker guy had a great way of putting things in context for us.  It's often good to be reminded of things you already know by someone you don't know.  Good to hear things phrased a different way and in another context.

We continue the journey.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I hope this seminar helped you and Tara realize that you are guys are great parents and doing a good job with your son -- and your other kids, too.

Bless you.

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

I am glad you got to go to a seminar. It can't be so helpful just to be surrounded by people who know what you are going through.