Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Thoughts on other blogs I read today

I was reading a few blogs today and thought I would like to comment on them, because I can.

Dan Kimball on Bible Warning Label


I always find it interesting that some people have such strong dislike for Christians and what they believe. I mean, if you think Christians are silly simple-minded simpletons then dismiss them as that? I suppose that some people carry a great deal of hurt and angst about what has happened to them in the church or done to them by Christians. That stinks. Hypocrisy in the church is rampant. It's in each Christian to a greater or lesser degree, but it seems to me that if what you said you believed, were it all written out in one place for me to check out, you might be proved a hypocrite too. (Apologies for the rant like bit here... but it's my blog, I'll do what I want)

Next Blog entry....

http://bmbourne.blogspot.com/2006/05/earthheavens-appetizer.html">Earth ... Heaven's Appetizer

Which is related to this post: Kyle Lake's last Sermon

If you don't read those posts, essentially a pastor performing baptisms somehow got electrocuted in a service. Which incidently would mess me up watching that, but Kyle had been at least working on, if not recently preached a sermon about doing things well, enjoying life as a foretaste of heaven. I agree with Bobby when I wonder when did the People of God stop seeing death as a promise? When did we start seeing death as punishment. Certainly I don't have a death wish. But I find myself more and more listening for the trumpet call to take me home. Not that I'm a eschatological junkie watching and interpreting every second headline in being the "one" sign it's all coming to an end, but I do desperately want to be in heaven. I love my life, I love my family, my church, my job as Pastor, but if heaven is more than all that, I gotta get me some more of that!!

And Finally:

Also, I now know that at least one person reads my blog as Colin referred to me the other day in his blog Random Colin: Nothing at all. Thanks man.

No comments: