Friday, June 16, 2006

What to write?

I have been opening this window to type a blog entry in often this last week, but I cannot find the words to express what I feel I'd like to express, so this will have to do.

The baby girl I referenced in my last post is well, not doing well. Keep praying for that family. I'm not even sure where to start with that story. Essentially her brain works enough to keep her alive. She is in a vegetative state and it seems unlikely that will change. But, it's still someone's baby daughter.

All I know is that it takes some work for the promise that God often tells us: "You're not alone", it takes work for that to answer the "why" questions.

On to some of the other things bouncing in my head...

One of my leadership heroes is Nehemiah. You know the Old Testament dude. Anyways, one verse that has struck a chord within me is Nehemiah 4:14b (NIV)
"Don't be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for you brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes."

Nehemiah seems to have done a good job at doing what he says he would do. I think we'd all like to do that more. Perspective I think is important here. Without a proper outlook we can get all fuddled.

Don't know if this will make sense to anyone but me, but that's ok.

DJR

No comments: