Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Back in the saddle again...

Okay, so I'm back in the office after having a two week break. Do I feel rested? Yes and no. Yes, as I haven't been thinking about church stuff for two weeks, physically no. I have a newborn, and two other kids.

I want to contemplate the church. You know we spend a lot of time kicking ideas around about church. We spend even more time looking at what is wrong with the church and what it needs to have happen to make it better. I was reading a post here about a pastor who was ranting a little bit about the negativity aimed at the church. It got me thinking about a bit about what we want and are and don't like about ourselves. I still believe the church is still of the utmost of importance in our world. It has the only message that will make things truly better. I don' try to say that as if we in the church are intellectually superior to those outside the church, I don't say that because we have everything figured out and those outside the church are messing things up, I say that because we are getting started a relationship with God. We were found by God. We have had him change us from the inside.
But then again, that's just me...

No comments: