Friday, March 30, 2007

Popliteal Cyst

So a month or two ago I did something to my knee and this week I finally went to the Doctor to check it out. Turns out I have a popliteal cyst. Not a cyst like cancer or anything, more like water (aka Synovial fluid) on/behind/throughout my knee. Who knew? It shouldn't be a big deal, it depends on what caused it in the first place. Doctor said it was likely caused by a chunk of cartilage or something tearing. She said it was the largest she's seen and was a little surprised I was still able to function fairly well.

My wife would tell you I've been complaining about it, but I say I was sharing my pain in attempts to bring her into my world.

I see a "travelling" orthopedic guy on May 9th and in the meantime I'm on some anti-inflammatories to see if the fluid will go away by itself. Worst case scenario is orthopedic doctor will want to "scope" it and see exactly what is wrong inside and try to fix it. Oh well, nothing to do but wait and see what happens. Although the idea of anyone poking me with anything causes some mild anxiety.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!