Wednesday, August 08, 2007

today

My wife has been challenging me to blog more regularly so here I go (again). Today I feel cautiously optimistic. Optimistic because a new season of ministry is approaching and I am a "glass is half full kind of person". Optimistic because soon ordination will be over (my interview is in October - I'm not ready but I trust I will be). Optimistic because - I don't know why, I just am. Cautiously because I'm slightly worried over money, slightly worried over some of the programming at the church. Slightly worried about being up to all I think is coming this year.

So ya, there you have it.

For those of you who read about my boys playing with our cd player in the van on my wife's blog and were wondering about what actually happened, let me break it down for you.
I was downstairs working on a bracket type thing I designed to hold our portable DVD player securely in the van. I had removed the head rests in the van to do this (this detail is important later...). Tara was upstairs cleaning or sorting laundry or something, I wasn't there, I don't know exactly what she was doing. Anyways... I thought the boys had gone to be with her, she thought the boys were still with me, and in all truth they had gotten into the van.
Without naming any names, my oldest son had taken the jewelers screwdriver I had left in the van (I had used it to remove the headrests in the back seat remember) and had proceeded to use it to dislodge all the contacts between the faceplate and rest of our Pioneer cd/mp3 players. The contacts looked like spaghetti.

CD players are much cheaper now, but the really sad part is the stereo had been a gift from some of the college and career kids from my ministry in Stoney Creek. So, it sits on my workbench and sometime I'll try and sort it out. I have however purchased another deck. For those of you who care you can find it here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Doug,

Been reading your blog lately and wanted to thank-you for your honesty and transparency...those are qualities that are rare these days.

Blessings my friend and know you're doing great work for the Kingdom.

Bryce