Monday, September 24, 2007

Update: Q-Ray

A while ago I posted about trying out a Q-Ray bracelet. I thought I would update you all on how that was going. Well the bracelet in question is a "official" Q-Ray bracelet it is as far as I can tell this one.

My experience? Well, I like the appearance of the bracelet (although my wife called it a man bracelet - I'm not sure what that means). For the best function of these bracelets I understand you are to wear them "contacts" (the ends) up on your right arm or down on your left. As I don't want to short circuit the bracelet I have I have found though that I do not wear the bracelet as often as I expected because it doesn't lie flat on my wrist. This is no problem if I'm up and about, but as soon as I sit down at my computer and try to use the mouse or type at the keyboard I have found that because the bracelet does not lie flat it gets in the way. Then I would take it off and forget to put it back on later. (Forgetting things is not uncommon to me).

However, when I did wear the bracelet I did notice something. I'm not even sure I can tell you how it felt, but there was a difference, mostly in alertness in the morning, I think... I really am not sure that I could quantitatively or qualitatively describe the difference between wearing it and not wearing it.

The big question though - will I buy one? Not this model certainly. Another model at the right price? Perhaps. My issue is that I tend to dislike wearing things on my wrists (when was the last time you saw me with a watch on?). Do I think they work? That depends on what you were hoping for. I was not truthfully expecting much, but I did sense they were doing something. As I said in the original post, I am merely borrowing this one for the time being; whether I buy one or not will depend on whether I can find one that fits better and that fits into our limited budget.

So there you have it, a slightly indifferent but positive review... you can now resume your regularly schedule lives.

No comments: