Tuesday, August 19, 2008

From my evening reading...

I thought I would share an excerpt from my evening reading.

A moose is asleep.
He is dreaming of moose drinks.
A goose is asleep.
He is dreaming of goose drinks.
That's well and good when a moose dreams of moose juice.
And nothing goes wrong when a goose dreams of goose juice.

But it isn't too good when a moose and a goose
Start dreaming they're drinking the other one's juice.
Moose juice, not goose juice, is juice for a moose
And goose juice, not moose juice, is juice for a goose.
So, when goose gets a mouthful of juices of moose's
And moose gets a mouthful of juices of goose's
They always fall out of their beds screaming screams.
SO....
I'm warning you, now! Never drink in your dreams.


-Dr. Seuss, Dr. Seuss's Sleep Book, New York Random House, 1962 (p40-41- you'll have to count the pages yourself as there is no page numbers)

2 comments:

Tarasview said...

tee hee.

I love you.

Anonymous said...

I love the Dr Suess Sleep Book!!! I knew what it was from the first line you quoted.

(from Tara's blog, I'm a pw from Australia)