Thursday, November 27, 2008

meetings

Had lunch with a guy from our church board today.  Got to try "Wild Bill's" pizza, very good!  Then I got to visit with a pastor friend.  Have you ever had lots of people who know you and then there are the few who 'get' you... ya, it's good to be understood.  It's good to be listened to.  

I've been trying to learn, practice and get better at listening.  Some days are better than others.

Here's a little bit from one of the books I'm currently reading;

"After he had received the last sacraments, a brother asked him if he were easy and what his mind was busied with.  This was the reply: 'I am doing what I shall do, through all eternity - blessing God, praising God, adoring God, giving Him the love of my whole heart.  It our one business, my brethren, to worship Him and love Him, without thought of anything else.' "
p108, The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence 
How often do we think like that?  That each moment was full of thankfulness and praise for God. I am aiming to be like that, blessing, praising, adoring my God without thought of anything else; wouldn't that be something?
  


No comments: