Friday, November 14, 2008

these days

... I've been growing a goatee.  If you live near me, you'd know that (the stuff on my chin is what I'm referring too).  Maybe I'll take a picture sometime.

Lots going on, or so it seems.  Have to fight the tendency to withdraw, to become numb.  
One of my tendencies is that when I'm am feeling overwhelmed, or tired, or fed up, or whatever, I withdraw into my own little world.  Sometimes, you might not even be able to see or sense why, so I pray.  I pray for people, in my family, in my church, friends scattered all over.

I received word today of two deaths, one a person I've never really met, but they are related to someone I know, the other a person far away.  I'm sad.  I somehow wish I could do more than just say a prayer, and make a phone call.  Those things seems so, insufficient in the face of such loss.

Was with a few people today at lunch and we talked of death, of Christ and of Enoch.  


 Some trust in chariots and some in horses, 
       but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.
-Psalm 20:7 (NIV)


Even so, come and take us home Jesus.


No comments: