Tuesday, November 18, 2008

today

Today, how do I describe it?
This morning, some email, more than a little prayer for the people in our church. I don't know everything that's going on with people, but God keeps prompting me to pray.  


Lunch, preparation for the two lodge services in town.  I expected to have a memorial service at each, turned out to be only the one.  At the first (without the memorial service) some enjoyed it (or so they said afterwards), some fell asleep, and one talked loudly unintelligible words throughout.  

For the second service, the one at which I was to lead a brief memorial, some of the people there, well, for them the grief was not just at the surface, but all over, crying throughout our brief time together.  It's sometimes hard when you don't know the people there, all you see is their grief.  The longer I do this calling of Pastor, the more I think the words "God be with you" are about the best thing I can offer someone in difficulty.  

Psalm 23:6 (NIV)
 Surely goodness and love will follow me 
       all the days of my life, 
       and I will dwell in the house of the LORD 
       forever.
Now, I prepare for the home group I'll be leading tonight on James 2:14-26.  

God be with you, whatever is going with you.

1 comment:

Book Lover Lisa said...

I enjoyed looking through your pictures. There are some really great ones. I have only been through Saskatchewan (sorry, no idea how to spell that) once, but you pics make me want to visit again. I remember stopping at a little diner and having some deliscious Saskatchewan berry pie.