Thursday, April 24, 2008

An article I found.

There are a few blogs that I follow that are pretty heady stuff. Stuff that I don't always understand, but find interesting. His post from Tuesday is good. It's an article that someone else wrote.

It's a description of a church service in which every element of the service is deliberately done in a way that reflects that church's thoughts and vision.

Part of me really resonates with this kind of thought and expression. I had played around with an idea to do a youth service at one point (like 6 years ago) with some (only some - I hadn't thought it all through like this guy has) of the same characteristics as is described. I got hung up on the practical side of things and couldn't resolve some issues of space and how to get people to understand what we were doing. We never ended up trying it, but that idea has been there like a burr in my brain.

For many people, the change in format is too much. It would be hard even for me to wrap my head around this thing. But what I appreciate the most is how deliberate they are in presenting what they believe and what they want people to learn about following God in the very structure of their service.

Anyways, all that to say, you might want to give this one a read.

No comments: