Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Happy fun times?

Abd Er-Rahman III of Spain
I have now reigned about 50 years in victory or peace, beloved by my subjects, dreaded by my enemies, and respected by my allies. Riches and honors, power and pleasure, have waited on my call, nor does any earthly blessing appear to have been wanting to my felicity. In this situation, I have diligently numbered the days of pure and genuine happiness which have fallen to my lot. They amount to fourteen. (960 C.E.)
(quote via)

I've been thinking a little about the fun in life. I've been trying this little experiment over the last few weeks, when talking casually with people I've been asking people what they have been doing for fun. Some people have a hard time thinking about something on the spot.

I understand that life is stressful. I do. I have felt more stress I think in the last 4-5 years than ever before in my life (welcome to parenthood and beyond).

So I thought I would list a few of the things I do for fun.

I play Gamecube with my boys.
I take lots of pictures.
I laugh at Olivia
I torment Tara
I play Runescape (current player stats here, an older shot of my stats here)
I play Tribal Wars (you can see my player stats here)
I have really been enjoying walking over driving (it's easy to walk most everywhere where I life)

And, I'm looking forward to spring arriving in earnest so I can do more outside.
This is what my backyard looks like right now. It's +5C so that's the right side of freezing, but it's not nearly annihilating the snow in my yard fast enough.

So hit the comments and tell me(us) what do you do for fun...

1 comment:

Tarasview said...

I blog. I get tormented by my husband and children. I laugh at my kids laughing. I hang out with Becky and Cecile. I eat ice cream.